Llangennith Surf Camp
Time & Location
About the Event
Firstly, welcome to our first surf camp trip of 2021! We are more than excited to be able to actually say that this is HAPPENING!!!
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE EVENT DETAILS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TICKET… as there is no refund (if the event goes ahead).
The way we book the campsites have changed slightly this year as each site has it’s own personal COVID rules. Kennexstone will be selling us the space via how many units (tents, camper van, etc) we have, so…
- I need your unit numbers AS WELL as people numbers. Once you book your tickets there will be a window for guest names and unit numbers. I will need only the tent, camper van number and not your car included.
- Book your ticket below AFTER reading all of the conditions.
- Tickets will be a flat rate of £20 (plus booking fee) per person for one or two nights stay. If you wish to extent your stay then you can do so at the Reception Desk with the K Team. No non-members will be able to book on this trip or visit/stay on the campsite due to the Track and Trace system.
- Tickets will not be refundable (if the event goes ahead), as we have had people in the past cancel last minute due to flat surf conditions. The only reason we will refund the tickets will be if the campsite is suddenly closed due to COVID restrictions.
- Tickets will be on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Once the site is full I will stop the ticket sale and set up a reserve list for people who still want to come. If anyone has to cancel then they will be able to exchange their ticket to the first person on my list.
- All members will be signed in on arrival by the Kennexstone Team (K Team) at their reception desk and given instructions of where to pitch up. Ticket holders only please. GATES SHUT AT 11PM ON FRIDAY NIGHT!
- Toilets and shower blocks are open but limited capacity. Disabled block is open too.
- If you have your own toilet, shower or washing facilities then bring them to take the pressure off the site block.
- Site shop is closed this year as they are rebuilding it still.
- There may be a food truck coming around now and again but don’t rely on it please. Bring your own food, drink and cooking facilities.
- Freezer is closed too.
- No electric hook up points in our field.
- Limited electric sockets on toilet block.
- Wetsuit washing area.
- No fires currently this year.
- NO Noise after 10.30pm. Please respect the campsite and your neighbours (especially the Dawnie Surfers!).
- No drugs to be brought onsite, please.
- N.B. Anyone breaking the site rules will be asked to leave and could get banned from future events.
- Please note: Arrivals to the campsite are usually from 1.00 pm – 6.00 pm, but I will arrange for a later book-in for Friday as traffic will be BAD from Bristol and a lot of people will be coming after work. THE GATE WILL SHUT AT 11PM, so please plan your journey ahead please.
- Check out is usually 10am but I will confirm that for Sunday morning OR you can pay for a later check out at reception.
- To see more information regarding the site the visit: https://www.gowercamping.co.uk
You will need a car or lift share to get to the beaches from this site. There are a few beaches to surf from here in both directions so dependent on the wind and swell direction.
- Beach location and descriptions can be seen here… https://www.gowercamping.co.uk/gower-beaches
- New Members Reps (Craig and Kirsten) will be sorting out Surf Lessons with a local surf school for anyone who needs them. This year we will be looking at Beginner AND Intermediate courses. Keep looking at the event posts for more information.
- There are hire places at https://www.llangennithsurfschool.com and the legend that is PJ at https://www.facebook.com/pjs.s.shop/
- Surf shop for that last min wax… has to be PJ’s Surf Shop (link above).
We are a friendly bunch so just ask if you need help or any other information onsite.
- It is good to make contact with other members before you leave, so use the event page to leave comments for lift shares and to meet people who are at the same standard of surfing.
- It will be harder (this year) for ALL of us to meet at an organised social event (once there) BUT there will be splinter groups arranging pub meals for new members and sunset surfs for the adventure surfer so again LOOK AT THE COMMENTS in the event page.
- PLEASE LEAVE NO TRACE at the campsite. Pick up any rubbish and remember your bin/recycling bags. You are all responsible for our field and your own trash. Put all recycled and rubbish bags in the bins provided at the toilet blocks and not leave them on the field.
- Remember to be kind and inclusive to all members. We welcome all genders and cultures, in fact I don’t know a better bunch of lovely people, so if you are struggling in any way then don’t be afraid to come and chat to one of the Committee members.
- Again…this trip is for Bristol Surf Club Members ONLY.
- Any other questions will be answered in the in the event page comments below.
- TICKET SALES ARE NOW OPEN!
- Sold OutWeekend Ticket£20£200£0