Braunton Bank Holiday Surf Camp
Time & Location
About the Event
Welcome to our second official Camp and Surf Weekend of the year. This time we will be three nights on the North Devonshire Shores near to at least four surf beaches for the Bank Holiday Weekend.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE EVENT DETAILS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TICKET… as there is no refund (if the event goes ahead).
The way we book the campsites have changed slightly this year as each site has it’s own personal COVID rules. Fairlich is quite relaxed compared to some places but we will still need your unit numbers (tents, camper van, etc) as well as names of people coming, so…
· I need your unit numbers AS WELL as people numbers. As you book your tickets, you will be asked to fill in all guest names as well as the unit numbers e.g. Kristine Khan and Jaroslaw Stachowiak (one camper van).
· Book your ticket AFTERreading all of the conditions via the link below.
· Tickets will be a flat rate of £46 per person for one, two or three nights stay (£1 bank transaction fee included). Unfortunately, this weekend is more expensive due to the Bank Holiday mania. We were lucky to get anyone to take us this year as a group on such a weekend so we need to just go with the flow. Just make the most of the extended weekend. No non-members will be able to book on this trip or visit/stay on the campsite due to the Track and Trace system and reduced space. Any kids will pay at the hut on arrival at a reduced fee of £3 per night.
· Tickets will not be refundable (if the event goes ahead), as we have had people in the past cancel last minute due to flat surf conditions. The only reason we will refund the tickets will be if the campsite is suddenly closed due to COVID restrictions.
· Tickets will be on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Once the site is full I will stop the ticket sale and set up a reserve list for people who still want to come. If anyone has to cancel then they will be able to exchange their ticket to the first person on my list.
· All members will be signed in on arrival by the site’s reception desk (hut) and you will be allowed to pitch up anywhere. The higher you go (up the hill) the better the view is of the dunes, but it will be more sloped. Bring chocks for the van to level off. Please note that it is ticket holders only please.
· Toilets and shower blocks are open but limited capacity.
· If you have your own toilet, shower or washing facilities then bring them to take the pressure off the site block.
· There is no site shop or cafe. Bring your own food, drink and cooking facilities.
· No electric hook up points in this field.
· Yes to campfires. We will try to arrange a big fire for all to sit around at night but we need to…
· Keep the Noise down after 10.30pm. Please respect the campsite and your neighbours (especially the Dawnie Surfers!).
· No drugs to be brought onsite, please.
· Dogs are welcome but this is a working farm so keep dogs on a lead near livestock.
· N.B. Anyone breaking the site rules will be asked to leave and could get banned from future events.
· Please note: Arrivals to the campsite are usually from 1.00 pm – late. Gate is usually open and if the hut isn’t manned then check in with Kristine on Friday night.
· Check out is usually 11am but I will confirm with you later in comments.
· To see more information regarding the site the visit: https://coolcamping.com/campsites/uk/england/south-west-england/devon/braunton/464-fairlinch-campingadid=4000&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjfnOs6uw8QIVkZntCh2ZUQUfEAAYASAAEgL9FPD_BwE
You will need a car or lift share to get to the beaches from this site. There are a few beaches to surf from here in both directions so dependent on the wind and swell direction.
· Beach location and descriptions can be seen here… · https://www.visitdevon.co.uk/northdevon/news/2017/7/27/these-are-the-best-beaches-for-surfing-in-north-devon-a3200
· The Committee will be sorting out Surf Lessonswith a local surf school for anyone who needs them. This year we will be looking at Beginner AND Intermediate courses. I might even try to source a long board course for anyone interested. Keep looking at the event posts for more information.
· There are hire places at Braunton, Saunton, Woolacombe and Putsborogh.
· Surf shop for that last min wax… All amenities are about 5 min drive away with cafes, surf shops and surf hire in both directions (in Braunton, Saunton Sands and Woolacombe). This is a great place to try before you buy, for wetsuits and even some surfboards.
We are a friendly bunch so just ask if you need help or any other information onsite.
· It is good to make contact with other members beforeyou leave, so use the event page to leave comments for lift shares and to meet people who are at the same standard of surfing.
· It will be harder (this year) for ALL of us to meet at an organised social event (once there) BUT there will be splinter groups arranging pub meals for new members and sunset surfs for the adventure surfer so again LOOK AT THE COMMENTS in the event page.
· PLEASE LEAVE NO TRACEat the campsite. Pick up any rubbish and remember your bin/recycling bags. You are all responsible for our field and your own trash. Put all recycled and rubbish bags in the bins provided at the toilet blocks and not leave them scattered on the field.
· Remember to be kind and inclusive to all members. We welcome all genders and cultures, in fact I don’t know a better bunch of lovely people, so if you are struggling in any way then don’t be afraid to come and chat to one of the Committee members.
· Again…this trip is for Bristol Surf Club Members ONLY.
· Any other questions will be answered in the in the event page comments below.
· TICKET SALES ARE NOW OPEN…
... and see you all there! x
Kristine and Co.
- Brandon Bank HolidaySurf Camp£46£460£0