Fri, 12 Aug|
Gupton Farm, Pembroke, Wales (tent only)
Two nights camping next to Freshwater West Beach
Time & Location
12 Aug, 13:00 – 14 Aug, 17:00
Gupton Farm, Pembroke SA71 5HW, UK
About the Event
Welcome to this beautiful National Trust campsite in Pembroke, Wales. We have the entire site for TWO NIGHTS to ourselves with a short walk to Freshwater West surf beach.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE EVENT DETAILS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TICKET and coming onsite… as there is no refund (if the event goes ahead).
* THIS CAMPSITE IS FOR TENTS ONLY CURRENTLY.
Why have we booked a site for tents only? … Well this is the only site of the year that is going to be tent only and we think it is worth it. The National Trust is giving us the WHOLE site for the weekend; it is walking distance to the surf beach; it has a surf school and surf hire onsite and we may be getting a private yoga teacher. BSC has stayed here before and there have been only rave reviews about the Farm. We are selling tickets to this one first to give the van dwellers enough time to beg, borrow or hire a tent to join us. IT WILL BE WORTH IT! I suggest posting in the event Facebook page if you need a tent and we can see if anyone can help. We are look into letting five vans onsite closer to the time but please don’t rely on that.
As we have seen with most of the campsites last year, the way we book the campsites have changed slightly as each site has it’s own personal COVID rules which restricts the space we have. Again, Gupton Farm will be selling us the space via how many tents we have, so…
· I need your tent numbers AS WELL as people numbers. As you book your tickets there will be extra questions for you to answer on the booking form. They will ask you for tent numbers.
· Book your ticket AFTER reading all of the conditions via the event link on the Bristol Surf Club Website.
· Tickets will be a flat rate of £28 (including £1 bank transfer fee) per person for one or two nights stay. No non-members will be able to book on this trip or visit/stay on the campsite due to the Track and Trace system and site security.
· Tickets will not be refundable (if the event goes ahead), as we have had people in the past cancel last minute due to flat surf conditions. The only reason we will refund the tickets will be if the campsite is suddenly closed due to COVID restrictions.
· Tickets will be on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Once the site is full I will stop the ticket sale and set up a reserve list for people who still want to come. If anyone has to cancel then they will be able to exchange their ticket to the first person on my list. THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!
· There will be National Trust staff present the whole weekend, so all members will be signed in on arrival by their team at their reception desk and given instructions of where to camp. Ticket holders only please, if your name is not on the door then you will not be allowed in.
· Toilets and shower blocks are open. This campsite does not have disabled facilities.
· Dishwashing facilities onsite.
· There is no shop onsite. Nearest shop in Pembroke 6.5m from site.
· Pets are welcome! (As long as you don’t own an elephant!).
· From April to September Cafe Môr is a popular beach shack located in the beach car park serving street food. There are several pubs, restaurants and cafes along the coast in Angle, Milford Haven and Pembroke.
· No electric hook up points in our field.
· Due to the natural surroundings of the site they can only permit barbecues and campfires in their designated area.
· NO Noise after 11pm onsite Please respect the Dawnie Surfers and the campsite owners and team that live nearby.
· No drugs to be brought onsite, please.
· Surf School and hire available from Outer Reef Surf School (Booking advised).
· Surf yoga class might be available with prior booking, I am just in contact with a teacher but not confirmed yet. Weather permitting etc…TBC.
· N.B. Anyone breaking the site rules will be asked to leave and could get banned from future events.
· Check out is usually 11am but I will confirm that for Sunday morning.
· To see more information regarding the site the visit: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holidays/gupton-farm-campsite-wales
As I mentioned earlier, you can walk to the beach from this campsite but you will need a car or lift share to get to the other beaches depending on your needs. There are a lot of beaches to surf from here in both directions so dependent on the wind and swell direction.
· Beach location and descriptions can be seen here…
· New Members Reps (Craig and Kirsten) will be sorting out Surf Lessons with a local surf school for anyone who needs them. This year we will be looking again at Beginner AND Intermediate courses. Keep looking at the event posts for more information.
· Yoga classes might be available too if we have enough people interested.
· Local surf school: https://www.outerreefsurfschool.com
· Surf shops: Onsite … Outer Reef has a shop or https://www.surfershardware.co.uk up the road.
We are a friendly bunch so just ask if you need help or any other information onsite.
· It is good to make contact with other members before you leave, so use the event page to leave comments for lift shares and to meet people who are at the same standard of surfing.
· Hoping to meet in a large group once there but not necessarily at a pub or restaurant HOWEVER as we saw at our last years events we managed to accommodate everyone in a spontaneous way. There will be splinter groups arranging activities for new members and others who organise sunset surfs and swims for whoever is keen. To keep abreast of all the information before and during the event LOOK AT THE COMMENTS in the event page on Facebook.
· All extra activities are taken at your own risk and you will not be covered by the BSC insurance.
· PLEASE LEAVE NO TRACE at the campsite and beach. Pick up any rubbish and remember your bin/recycling bags. You are all responsible for our area and your own trash. Put all recycled and rubbish bags in the bins provided at the toilet blocks and not leave them on the field.
· Remember to be kind and inclusive to all members. We welcome all genders and cultures, in fact I don’t know a better bunch of lovely people, so if you are struggling in any way then don’t be afraid to come and chat to one of the Committee members.
· Again… THIS TRIP IS FOR BSC MEMBERS ONLY.
· Any other questions will be answered in the comments in the event page on the BSC Facebook.
· TICKET SALES ARE NOW OPEN…
Gupton Farm Weekend, Pembroke.
Two nights surf and camp in beautiful Pembroke.