Fri, 15 Jul|
Retorrick Mill Surf/Camp, Cornwall
Two nights camping and surfing near Mawgan Porth, Cornwall.
Time & Location
15 Jul 2022, 13:00 – 17 Jul 2022, 17:00
Cornwall, The Granary, Cornwall, Newquay TR8 4BH, UK
About the Event
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE EVENT DETAILS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TICKET and coming onsite… as there is no refund (if the event goes ahead).
As we have seen with most of the campsites last year, we still need to count people onsite and list your car, van and tent numbers. We have limited space on this site so to fit more people in we request that you bring small tents and no extra gazebos. I will be counting vans in as well but I am sure they will accommodate us as best as they can. You might just be spread out on the site. Also, there are no electric pitches, sorry. There are, however some caravans and bell tents available too but you need to contact them directly for booking these (mention BSC).
• I need your tent/vehicle numbers AS WELL as people numbers. As you book your tickets there will be extra questions for you to answer on the booking form. They will ask you for tent and car/van quantity numbers.
• Book your ticket AFTER reading all of the conditions via the event link on the Bristol Surf Club Website.
• Tickets will be a flat rate of £21 (including £1 bank transfer fee) per person for one or two nights stay. No non-members will be able to book on this trip or visit/stay on the campsite due to the site security.
• Tickets will not be refundable (if the event goes ahead), as we have had people in the past cancel last minute due to flat surf conditions. The only reason we will refund the tickets will be if the campsite is suddenly closed due to COVID restrictions.
• Tickets will be on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Once the site is full I will stop the ticket sale and set up a reserve list for people who still want to come. If anyone has to cancel then they will be able to exchange their ticket to the first person on my list. THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!
• There will be Retorrick staff present the whole weekend, so all members will be signed in on arrival by their team at their reception desk and given instructions of where to camp. Ticket holders only please, if your name is not on the door then you will not be allowed in.
• Toilets and shower blocks are open. This campsite does not have disabled facilities.
• Dishwashing facilities onsite.
* There is no shop onsite. There is a restaurant onsite but it needs to be booked… we will be chatting more about this later on the events page. See how they can accommodate us. But be advised to bring your own food for the weekend just in case they get busy. There is a bar onsite.
• No electric hook up points.
• Due to the natural surroundings of the site they can only permit barbecues (on stands) and campfires in their designated area. There is a big fire next to the bar with seating most nights.
• NO noise after 11pm on the campsites. Please respect the Dawnie Surfers and the campsite owners and team that live nearby. The private bar will have it’s own rules which need to be respected.
• No drugs to be brought onsite, please.
• Surf School and hire available nearby… New Members Reps will be in touch with bookings.
• N.B. Anyone breaking the site rules will be asked to leave and could get banned from future events.
• Check out is usually 11am but I will confirm that for Sunday morning.
• To see more information regarding the site the visit: https://www.retorrickmill.co.uk
Walking distance to the beach from this campsite but you will need a car or lift share to get to the other beaches depending on your needs. There are a lot of beaches to surf from here in both directions so dependent on the wind and swell direction.
• Beach location and descriptions can be seen here… https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/surfing/north_coast.htm
• New Members Reps (Craig and Kirsten) will be sorting out Surf Lessons with a local surf school for anyone who needs them. This year we will be looking again at Beginner AND Intermediate courses. Keep looking at the event posts for more information. King Surf are a great bunch of people, based on Mawgan Porth Beach
• Local surf school: Mawgan Porth Beach
• Surf shops: Mawgan Porth Beach
We are a friendly bunch so just ask if you need help or any other information onsite.
• It is good to make contact with other members before you leave, so use the event page to leave comments for lift shares and to meet people who are at the same standard of surfing.
• Hoping to meet in a large group once there at the restaurant and bar. There will also be splinter groups arranging activities for new members and others who organise sunset surfs and swims for whoever is keen. To keep abreast of all the information before and during the event LOOK AT THE COMMENTS in the event page on Facebook.
• All extra activities are taken at your own risk and you will not be covered by the BSC insurance.
• PLEASE LEAVE NO TRACE at the campsite and beach.
• Remember to be kind and inclusive to all members. We welcome all genders and cultures, in fact I don’t know a better bunch of lovely people, so if you are struggling in any way then don’t be afraid to come and chat to one of the Committee members.
* Kids are welcome to the events. Please pay for kid’s tickets at reception on arrival. Can you let me know in advance if you are bringing your little ones so I can keep abeast of numbers for the venue.
• Again…this trip is for Bristol Surf Club Members ONLY.
• Any other questions will be answered in the comments in the event page on the BSC Facebook.
• TICKET SALES ARE NOW OPEN…
Just to the Bristol Surf Club website, login and then go to events.
See you all there,
Kristine Khan Social Secretary
- Ticket type
Retorrick Mill, Cornwall
Two nights camping at the Mill for a fun surf tripPrice£21.00Sold Out
This event is sold out