Fri, 17 Sept|
Sandy Acres Campsite
Sandy Acres Surf and Camp Cornwall
THREE nights of surf and camp fun at Hayle Beach, Cornwall.
Time & Location
17 Sept 2021, 13:00 – 20 Sept 2021, 17:00
Sandy Acres Campsite, Sandy Acres, Hayle TR27 5BA, UK
About the Event
Welcome to the most popular camping event of the year at Sandy Acres campsite, the heart of Hayle Beach, Cornwall. We have the entire site (for THREE NIGHTS) to ourselves with a short dune walk to the surf beach. (I mean it’s a killer on the way back up with a long board but it will keep you fit!).
It’s under new ownership so things might be slightly different from the last time we were there. So…
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE EVENT DETAILS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TICKET and coming onsite… as there is no refund (if the event goes ahead).
As we have seen with most of the campsites this year, the way we book the campsites have changed slightly as each site has it’s own personal COVID rules. Again, Sandy Acres will be selling us the space via how many units (tents, camper van, AND THIS TIME CARS, etc) we have, so…
· I need your unit numbers AS WELL as people numbers. As you book your tickets there will be extra questions for you to answer on the booking form. They will ask you for tent, camper and CAR quantity numbers.
· Book your ticket AFTER reading all of the conditions via the event link on the Bristol Surf Club Website.
· Tickets will be a flat rate of £46 (including £1 bank transfer fee) per person for one, two or three nights stay. No non-members will be able to book on this trip or visit/stay on the campsite due to the Track and Trace system and site security.
· TICKETS WILL NOT BE REFUNDABLE (if the event goes ahead), as we have had people in the past cancel last minute due to flat surf conditions. The only reason we will refund the tickets will be if the campsite is suddenly closed due to COVID restrictions.
· Tickets will be on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Once the site is full I will stop the ticket sale and set up a reserve list for people who still want to come. If anyone has to cancel then they will be able to exchange their ticket to the first person on my list. THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!
· This year there will be Sandy Acres staff present the whole weekend, so all members will be signed in on arrival by their team at their reception desk and given instructions of where to camp. Ticket holders only please, if your name is not on the door then you will not be allowed in.
· Toilets and shower blocks are open. This campsite does not have disabled facilities.
· Dish washing facilities onsite.
· There is now a small shop onsite with a few essentials.
· Pets are welcome! (As long as you don’t own an elephant!).
· There is a small café next to the dunes in the beach car park. Open 10am to 5pm serving breakfast, lunch and dinner (if they are still on their summer times in Sept). Lots of shops and cafes in Hayle.
· No electric hook up points in our field.
· Wetsuit washing area available.
· Due to the delicate nature of the dune landscape there are no big fires onsite but small BBQ’s that are off the ground are allowed for cooking only. I am guessing we can have a fire on the beach AS LONG AS WE LEAVE NO TRACE AFTERWARDS!
· NO Noise after 11pm onsite Please respect the Dawnie Surfers and the campsite owners and team that live nearby.
· No drugs to be brought onsite, please.
· Surf School and hire onsite apparently.
· Yoga classes available with prior booking, TBC.
· N.B. Anyone breaking the site rules will be asked to leave and could get banned from future events.
· Please note: GATES LOCK AT 10pm on the road to the campsite but I will try to arrange for a later book-in for Friday as traffic will be BAD from Bristol and a lot of people will be coming after work. Will update you on that one. Otherwise you might have to walk with your tents to the site, which isn’t ideal.
· Check out is usually 11am but I will confirm that for Monday morning.
· To see more information regarding the site the visit: https://sandy-acres.co.uk
As I mentioned earlier, you can walk to the beach from this campsite but you will need a car or lift share to get to the other beaches depending on your needs. There are a lot of beaches to surf from here in both directions so dependent on the wind and swell direction.
· Beach location and descriptions can be seen here… https://www.cornwall-beaches.co.uk/north-coast/hayle-town
· New Members Reps (Craig and Kirsten) will be sorting out Surf Lessons with a local surf school for anyone who needs them. This year we will be looking at Beginner AND Intermediate courses. Keep looking at the event posts for more information.
· Yoga classes might be available too if we have enough people interested.
· Sandy Acres say that they do surf hire and lessons but if not then there are loads of places around here. The most popular are: https://www.downthelinesurf.co.uk https://www.shoresurf.com https://www.eskinzo.com
· Surf shops are everywhere you look in Hayle!! Don’t forget your warm water wax (hopeful I know!).
We are a friendly bunch so just ask if you need help or any other information onsite.
· It is good to make contact with other members before you leave, so use the event page to leave comments for lift shares and to meet people who are at the same standard of surfing.
· I am hoping it will be easier for all of us to meet in a large group once there but not necessarily at a pub or restaurant HOWEVER as we saw at our last event we managed to accommodate everyone in a spontaneous way. There will be splinter groups arranging activities for new members and others who organise sunset surfs and swims for whoever is keen. To keep abreast of all the information before and during the event LOOK AT THE COMMENTS in the event page on Facebook.
· All extra activities are taken at your own risk and you will not be covered by the BSC insurance.
· PLEASE LEAVE NO TRACE at the campsite and beach. Pick up any rubbish and remember your bin/recycling bags. You are all responsible for our area and your own trash. Put all recycled and rubbish bags in the bins provided at the toilet blocks and not leave them on the field.
· Remember to be kind and inclusive to all members. We welcome all genders and cultures, in fact I don’t know a better bunch of lovely people, so if you are struggling in any way then don’t be afraid to come and chat to one of the Committee members.
· Again…this trip is for Bristol Surf Club Members ONLY.
· Any other questions will be answered in the comments in the event page on the BSC Facebook.
· TICKET SALES ARE NOW OPEN…
See you there,
Kristine and the Bristol Surf Club Team.
Sandy Acres Surf/Camp