Fri, 20 May|
Surf camp, Combas Farm, Croyde, Devon
Two nights camping tucked away in a private field, a short walk from Croyde village, easy reach to Croyde and Putsborough beaches.
Time & Location
20 May, 12:00 – 22 May, 17:00
Croyde, Meadow Ln, Croyde EX33 1PH, UK
About the Event
Welcome to the hidden gem that is Combas farm, Croyde. We have exclusive use of the Greenland field at the campsite for TWO NIGHTS.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE EVENT DETAILS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TICKET and coming onsite… as there is no refund (if the event goes ahead).
This private farm and its beautiful fields are tucked away in a secluded valley away, only a few minutes’ walk from the centre of Croyde village and a 20 minute stroll to Putsborough beach. There’s plenty of space to pitch your tent or park your van.
· We need your tent/van numbers AS WELL as people numbers. As you book your tickets there will be extra questions for you to answer on the booking form.
· Book your ticket AFTER reading all of the conditions via the event link on the Bristol Surf Club Website.
· Tickets will be a flat rate of £28 (including £1 bank transfer fee) per person for one or two nights stay. All campers in the Greenland field must be ticket holders so we can manage capacity and the event is for BSC members only.
· Tickets will not be refundable (if the event goes ahead), as we have had people in the past cancel last minute due to flat surf conditions. The only reason we will refund the tickets will be if the campsite is suddenly closed due to COVID restrictions.
· Tickets will be on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Once the site is full I will stop the ticket sale and set up a reserve list for people who still want to come. If anyone has to cancel then they will be able to exchange their ticket to the first person on my list. THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!
· Make your way to the Greenland field to find a spot to camp and a volunteer will check your tickets. Ticket holders only please.
· Compost toilets in Greenland field, hot water shower blocks and wet-suit washing and drying facilties available a short walk from the field.
· Use of firepits or BBQs is permitted as long as they are mounted off the ground to avoid scorching the grass.
· Drinking water taps in most fields. This campsite does not have disabled facilities.
· Dishwashing facilities onsite.
· There is no shop onsite. Nearest shop is in Croyde village (few minutes drive /10 mins walk away).
· Pets are welcome – dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
· The site is a short walk from Croyde village which has a general grocery store several cafes, restaurants, pubs and surf schools.
· No electric hook up points are available field.
· There are several surf schools and hire available in Croyde village, at the beach and nearby beach of Saunton (booking advised). Kirsten and Craig will be helping to arrange surf lessons via the club facebook page.
· NO Noise after 11pm onsite Please respect that there will be other campers in the next field and the farmhouse nearby.
· No drugs to be brought onsite, please.
· N.B. Anyone breaking the site rules will be asked to leave and could get banned from future events.
· Check in from 12 midday on Friday 20th, check out by 12 on Sunday 22nd. If you wish to extend your stay, contact Combas Farm directly.
· To see more information regarding the site and for direct contact details visit: https://www.combasfarm.co.uk/
Croyde is a famous surf location with Saunton Sands and Putsborough beaches also very nearby offering very different conditions and surfing experiences.
New Members Reps (Craig and Kirsten) will be sorting out Surf Lessons with a local surf school for anyone who needs them. This year we will be looking again at Beginner AND Intermediate courses. Keep looking at the event posts on facebook for more information.
Croyde is reached from the M5 at Junction 27, follow A361 to Braunton then onto the B3231 to Croyde. In Croyde village, turn left a the brudge by the Blue Groove and go past the Seat garage. At the next T junction, signposted left to Putsborough and right to Georgeham. Turn right here, and then right again before the ford. The field entrance is 800 yards further down the lane. The farm owners warn that Sat nav and GPS direct cars to the walkable path via the Manor pub that is not suitable for cars. Please follow the road directions!
We are a friendly bunch so just ask if you need help or any other information onsite.
· It is good to make contact with other members before you leave, so use the event page to leave comments for lift shares and to meet people who are at the same standard of surfing.
· Hoping to meet in a large group once there but not necessarily at a pub or restaurant HOWEVER as we saw at our last years events we managed to accommodate everyone in a spontaneous way. There will be splinter groups arranging activities for new members and others who organise sunset surfs and swims for whoever is keen. To keep abreast of all the information before and during the event LOOK AT THE COMMENTS in the event page on Facebook.
· All extra activities are taken at your own risk and you will not be covered by the BSC insurance.
· PLEASE LEAVE NO TRACE at the campsite and beach. Pick up any rubbish and remember your bin/recycling bags. You are all responsible for our area and your own trash. Put all recycled and rubbish bags in the bins provided at the toilet blocks and not leave them on the field.
· Remember to be kind and inclusive to all members. We welcome all genders and cultures, in fact I don’t know a better bunch of lovely people, so if you are struggling in any way then don’t be afraid to come and chat to one of the Committee members.
· Again… THIS TRIP IS FOR BSC MEMBERS ONLY.
· Any other questions will be answered in the comments in the event page on the BSC Facebook.
· TICKET SALES ARE NOW OPEN…
Second Social Secretary
Combas Farm, Croyde, Devon
two nights surf and camp